"Maybe leadership development isn't so much about becoming anything. Maybe it's about unbecoming everything that isn't really you, so you can be the leader you were meant to be in the first place." (Allard de Jong)
For close to 20 years, Allard de Jong (Dutch, 1964) has been "discovering" leaders, measurably increasing their contribution value by accelerating their professional development and transitions. Traveling globally, his work focuses on encouraging emotional intelligence skills and ardently campaigning for the “coach approach” to leadership across borders and cultures. In his work, Allard further relies on considerable language, presentation and creative skills. In 2006, he co-authored “Excellence in coaching: The industry’s Guide”(Kogan Page).
While practicing his trade, Allard is a frequent lecturer on the subjects of change, teams, coaching and leadership at MBA programmes throughout Spain (UPC, ESCI, Pompeu Fabra…). He has lived in Europe and the United States and is fluent in English, Dutch, French and Spanish. He received a Masters Degree in Communications Studies from the University of California and a Bachelors Degree in International Business from the American University in Paris. He has trained with the Coaches Training Institute, CoachU, the Graduate School of Coaching as well as the School of Small Business Coaching and has studied in person with leaders in the field such as Thomas Leonard, John Whitmore, Laura Berman Fortgang, Richard Reardon, Steve Straus or Anthony Robbins.
- Leadership development coaching for executives and high potentials.
- Coaching for interpersonal skills.
- Coaching to accelerate professional transitions.
- Personal branding for leaders.
- Coaching for impact & influence.
- Emotional intelligence: measure & develop.
- Design and implementation of coaching systems and processes.
- Development of training programs.
- Training in coaching skills for managers.
Type of clients/Experience levels:
CEO – MD – CFO – GM – EVP – SVP – VP
Financial services, restaurant chains, consumer products, services, high technology, energy, pharmaceuticals, health, fashion, entertainment, distribution, engineering
Adecco, Airbus, Allen & Overy, Alstom, Amadeus, Arizona Chemical, Arriva, Bank of New York/Mellon, Baker-McKenzie, Barclays, Ceva Animal Health, Clifford Chance, Crédit Suisse, Desigual, Eli Lilly, GE Healthcare, Grupo Cortefiel, Hennis & Mauritz, Ikea, Ingenico, Lancôme (L’Oreal), Marshall Aerospace, Mattel, McDonald’s, Novartis, NTT Telecom, Oracle, Orange, Philip Morris Int'l, Procter & Gamble, Reckitt Benckiser, Sanofi Aventis, Sony Computer Europe, Swedish Orphan, Tesco, Telefonica, Torres (Bodegas), Turner Broadcasting, Vestas, Volkswagen Audi, Warner Brothers, Y&R Brands...
Profesional/Business experience (prior to coaching):
Over 10 years of marketing and consulting experience covering a wide range of industries in Europe, North and South America and Asia (McCann Erickson, Young & Rubicam, Dentsu ...).
- Masters in Communication Studies at UCSB (USA)
- Bachelor’s in Business Administration at AUP (Paris)
- Numerous coaching courses (e.g. CTI, CoachU, John Whitmore).
- International Coach Federation: Certified Profesional Coach
- International Association of Coaches: Founding Member
- Emotional Intelligence (Bar On EQ-i)
- Extended DISC (DISC)
- Numerous articles published in the field of leadership and coaching in newspapers and magazines.
- Speaker at national and international events.
- Co-autor of “Excellence in coaching: The industry’s guide” (Kogan Page, 2006).
- Has worked on all continentes, predominantly in English, Spanish and French.
- Has led programs for cross cultural integration.
- Has lived in various European countries as well as in the USA. Based in Barcelona.
ALLARD DE JONG
“I had the opportunity to work with Allard and the results were excellent. He has a valuable international experience and a very good balance between human touch and results orientation, what is a key driver of success in executive coaching activities.”